
My favorite activity takes place on the porch of our cottage at
As I pondered the words of the songs we would be singing the following morning, I could feel my hope rising and my love for the Creator of the universe increasing. I knew that God and I were having a holy moment together. One of the songs that really sang to me this particular Saturday morning was "From the Inside Out" recorded by Hillsong Unite. Here's a sampling of the lyrics of this amazing song:
"Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades.
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame.
In my heart, in my soul, Lord, I give you control.
Consume me from the inside out, Lord.
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out."
In the midst of this wonderful morning, I got up to refill my coffee cup. As I reached to the coffee table to pick up my cup, my eyes caught sight of all that was before me: my Bible, the book "The Worshiping Artist", my music folder, my writing tools, and my coffee cup, all laying on the table, one on top of the other. It was a sight I needed to capture on camera. So instead of going inside to refill my cup, I went inside to get my camera. Here's what I saw laying on the table before me:
Shortly after that beautiful late summer morning, I was listening to the radio when a song called "New Day" began playing. Four words from this song grabbed me that day: hope, coffee, and melody. It took me back to the Saturday morning when my worship to the Lord was filled with hope, coffee, and melody. Inspired by these words from Robbie Seay’s song, my blog title was born. The song begins with:
"I'm gonna sing this song
To let you know that you're not alone.
And if you're like me
You need hope, coffee, and melody.
So sit back down;
Let the world keep spinning ‘round.
For yesterday's gone
and today is waiting on you..."
So grab your coffee and sit down, while I share about the hope I have in Jesus, and the melody He lays on my heart. May God bless you with your own hope, coffee, & melody.

Hi Barb! Welcome to the blogosphere! This was a great post...keep it up! Thanks for stopping by Blog Around the World. Just wanted to let you know that you are all linked up!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Debbie. I'm excited to finally be part of the blogging community. The writer in me has a lot to say, and my prayer is that whatever I write, someone will be blessed.
ReplyDeletehi my dear friend...beautiflul post. i will be checking your blog often. cute picture of you too! love ya, tracie
ReplyDeleteThank, Tracie! I somehow knew you would be one who would be checking this. When are you going to start your own blog? I would love to read anything that comes out of you. Love, Barb
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for visiting my Blog and Laughing with me. Come back any time.
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting me on my SITS day...it was so great to get so much bloggy love, it was almost overwhelming! Sorry it took so long to respond back!
ReplyDelete